As part of our Love Your Coast Tamaki Makaurau project and in celebration of Seaweek, we would love you to join us on Saturday 3 March 2018 on the beautiful coastline around our Hauraki Gulf. With three registration stations on the mainland, there are plenty of opportunities for all to get involved in this clean-up action and have a fantastic time on our coasts. Looking for our Waiheke Island clean-up stations on Saturday 3 March? Click here.
From 12pm to 3pm on Saturday 3 March, meet our teams at our three mainland clean-up stations to register, receive important health & safety information and collect reusable rubbish sacks and gloves. From there you can head out to your favourite clean-up location. After you’re done, return to the station with your coastal trash so we can dispose of it properly and reward your efforts with some delicious refreshments.
Stations will be posted at:
- Sustainable Coastlines Flagship Education Centre, Wynyard Quarter (servicing the upper Waitemata to St Heliers)
- Milford Reserve, Milford, run by our awesome friends at Honey Wraps (servicing the North Shore).
- Eastern Beach, Eastern Beach, managed by the amazing Ceres Organics (servicing the eastern beaches)
Please check out this map for the exact locations.
What to bring
- Closed-toed, sturdy shoes such as sneakers, sports shoes or tramping boots are required for participation. Gumboots are not allowed. Coastal terrain can be challenging with rocks that can be sharp, loose and slippery.
- Warm and waterproof clothes: NZ weather is unpredictable. Bring at least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sun cream.
- Reusable water bottle (filled-up and ready to go).
- Packed lunch and snacks.
- Camera (optional) – this is a unique and beautiful location and we’d love to see your photos. Use #loveyourcoast on social media or email to email@example.com
- Reusable rubbish sacks and gloves
- Drinking and hand-washing water
- Health and Safety briefing and documents
- First aid kits
- A fun, healthy and safe environment
- Refreshments for afterward
To take part in this clean-up, we’d love you to register first. Registration only takes a minute and helps us to plan accordingly for the day. Please fill out the form below on behalf of those attending with you.