Building on the fantastic work of so many individuals, organisations and businesses active in this space over the years, it’s now time to launch the biggest collaborative and collective clean-up and education campaign this iconic city has seen! Port Moresby is our home and it deserves some love!
Sustainable Coastlines PNG (SCPNG), alongside principal partner NCDC, is coordinating the ‘Klinim Mosbi Campaign’ from Monday 17th October – Sunday 13th November 2016.
So… how does it work?
SCPNG is offering ‘Free of Charge DIY Clean-up’ activities (i.e. bags, gloves and rubbish removal) for all registered groups, organisations, schools or businesses on a date of their choosing throughout the 4-week campaign.
SCPNG also offers a ‘Tailored Clean-up Package’ to any group, organisation or business that is looking for a high-value personalised experience. For an investment of 2,500PGK, this package will provide you with:
- Our highly regarded educational presentation delivered by one of SCPNG’s experienced staff
- Clean-up location Health and Safety inspection and briefing
- A tailored and accompanied clean-up activity for up to 25 staff (more by negotiation)
- Clean-up equipment (bags and gloves)
- Rubbish removal post clean-up
- Audited individually branded results for rubbish collected
- A selection of high resolution images from the day
Community Education Events
SCPNG is coordinating nine (9) public awareness events across NCD throughout the campaign.
The aim of these events is to educate NCD residents about the impact of littering plastic products on the environment and human health and inspire them to incorporate easy-to-adopt solutions into their everyday lives.
The events will involve delivery of these messages through art, theatre, music and high profile ambassador appearances. The 9 event locations are:
We would love to invite your school to be involved. From 17th October to 11th November 2016 we are offering your school (across all year groups) the opportunity to be a part of the ‘Klinim Mosbi Campaign’, by receiving an educational presentation and/or an organised clean-up.
SCPNG is offering, Free of Charge, to all NCD schools:
- An educational presentation delivered by one of SCPNG’s experienced staff.
- Bags, gloves and rubbish removal for a clean-up activity in or near the school.
- Online promotion of your school’s involvement.
- Evaluation surveys: So that we can provide our programmes at no cost to schools, we ask that your students complete our evaluation surveys – a series of three quick surveys that help us understand the effectiveness of our educational activities. These will be provided once our visit to your school is confirmed. Read more about our study on the effectiveness of environmental education here.
We’re looking for caring corporates to get behind the project. Check out our event sponsorship opportunities below to see how your organisation can help out. We need to raise funds to cover essential logistical, Health and Safety, transport and training costs, and sponsorship is crucial to ensure this project’s success.
2,500PGK: Tailored Clean-up Package – (see above ‘Clean-up’ section for inclusions)
10,000PGK: Event Sponsor Package
We offer Event Sponsors:
- The ‘Tailored Clean-up Package’ included in the Event Sponsor Package
- License to Sustainable Coastlines PNG logos for use on web, marketing and other promotional materials during the course of the event.
- Logo on project report with a breakdown of all rubbish collected (great for CSR / sustainability reporting / marketing).
- Access and permission to use all event results, footage and photos (for any photos featuring school students approval must be sought from Sustainable Coastlines before use).
- Mention of your support on event media releases.
- Mention of your support during media interviews, wherever possible.
- Exposure through logo/brand positioning on:
- This page: the official event page.
- Event collateral to be displayed at all public events.
- 3m x 1m sponsor banner used for photo opportunities throughout the programme.
- Announcement and exposure of your organisation’s support to Sustainable Coastlines PNG’s social media network.
- Promotional posters and flyers.
- Further leveraging opportunities to be discussed.