As part of our 2017 Love Your Water project in Wellington we invite you to join us on Saturday 1 July for a day of tree planting alongside the Kumutoto Stream. This urban stream has some great people at the University of Victoria Society for Conservation Biology lovingly overlooking its restoration and we want to help them give some love to this special spot.
Meet from 10.00am at the Club K squash club and gym, near the tennis courts right next to Victoria University, on Salamanca Road. Please park on Salamanca Road and look for our blue Sustainable Coastlines flags. We’ll be starting from 10.00am and finishing up around 1:00pm. You can stay for as little or as long as you like, but afterwards we’ll all come together for a tasty sausage sizzle and some Phoenix Organics Drinks. To participate, please take a few seconds to sign up through our quick registration form.
- Trees and planting site
- A planting tutorial
- Drinks: Water and juice plus tea and coffee for adults
- Access to toilets
- Health & safety documents
- First aid kits and first aid trained staff
What to bring:
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes that you don’t mind getting muddy. This is critical for Health & Safety considerations: those not wearing closed-toe shoes will not be able to participate.
- Warm and waterproof clothes. At least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sunscreen
- Reusable water bottle (filled up and ready to go)
- Your old or unused mobile phone to recycle. As charity partner of the RE:MOBILE phone recycling scheme, donating your old mobile helps us raise critical funds for freshwater restoration.
- Bring a camera (optional). We would love to see your event photos! Use the tag #loveyourwater on social media or email photos to oliver@sustainablecoastlines.
If the form below doesn’t appear, please register here