Building on the success of our first clean-up and education tour around the Manukau Harbour in 2016, we are repeating this project in 2017. We invite schools, marae, community groups and businesses from all around the harbour to join us from Monday 20 February to Friday 24 March 2017 to give back to this beautiful taonga. With 386 kilometres of coastline, attempting to clean up the entire coast of the Manukau — Aotearoa/New Zealand’s second largest natural harbour – is a massive task. So how does it work?
Our experienced staff and trained ‘Love Your Coast’ ambassadors will deliver our litter-prevention presentations in communities all around the harbour. We’re also working with schools to help connect with and look after their local stretch of coastline by arranging clean-up activities around the harbour.
We are working on developing a broad base of future leaders and guardians for the Manukau Harbour. To do so, we are offering free Presentation Delivery and Event Management training to community groups, senior school and university students and corporate partners. The aim of this is to allow others to be actively involved in running presentations and events during ‘Love Your Coast Manukau Harbour’ while developing high-value career skills.
Volunteers + Corporate Groups
We’re planning a huge community clean-up day Saturday 4 March 2017 and will release details closer to the time. See last year’s big event day here. Volunteers,corporates and community groups are also welcome to take part in clean-up activities outside of this date by coordinating their own activity or joining one of our existing clean-ups. For caring corporates that would like to get behind this project, we are looking for additional sponsorship to make this project as successful as possible. For a modest fee (built into our sponsorship options, see ‘Sponsorship‘ section below), we can coordinate a clean-up just for you.
If any of these options suit you, please contact Fletcher on email@example.com or call 021 871 918.
We would love to invite your school to be involved. From 20 February to 24 March 2017 we are offering your school (across all year groups) the opportunity to be a part of Love your Coast Manukau Harbour, by receiving an educational presentation and/or an organised clean-up a coastline or waterway in the Manukau Harbour at no cost to your school.
Our experienced presenters will visit your school at a time that suits you during the term. Using imagery, short films and a dynamic presentation, we will build an understanding about the challenges and effects of litter in the marine environment; and motivate students to work hands on to look after their local stretch of coast.
We will also coordinate a clean-up event for your school and provide rubbish sacks, gloves and health and safety equipment for cleaning up the coastline, all at no cost. Transport to and from this event, must be organised and paid for by the school. Please click here to register your school.
We will provide (at no cost to your school):
- An organised beach clean-up in the Manukau Harbour with our first aid-trained staff, including rubbish audit and disposal.
- All equipment required (gloves, sacks, first aid kits, hi-visibility vests for leaders, a RAMs and Health and Safety plan).
- Student consent forms.
- Risk Analysis and Management System (RAMS) information.
- Online promotion of your school’s involvement.
Evaluation surveys: So that we can provide our programmes at no cost to schools, we ask that your students complete our evaluation surveys – a series of three quick surveys that help us understand the effectiveness of our educational activities. These will be provided once our visit to your school is confirmed. Read more about our study on the effectiveness of environmental education here.
Please register: Click here to register and we will be in touch to confirm arrangements.
More information: For more information contact Fletcher on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 871 918.
We’re looking for caring corporates to get behind the project. Check out our event sponsorship opportunities below to see how your organisation can help out. We need to raise funds to cover essential logistical, Health and Safety, transport and training costs, and sponsorship is crucial to ensure this project’s success.
We offer sponsors:
- A tailored team building beach clean-up with your staff, planned and led by Sustainable Coastlines. This includes our multimedia educational presentation to motivate your staff to get involved. We bring all equipment, however additional hard costs may apply for food and transport (depending on numbers, location and preferences).
- License to Sustainable Coastlines logos for use on web, marketing and other promotional materials during the course of the event.
- Logo on project report with a breakdown of all rubbish collected (great for CSR / sustainability reporting / marketing).
- Access and permission to use all event results, footage and photos (for any photos featuring school students approval must be sought from Sustainable Coastlines before use).
- Exposure through logo positioning on:
- This page: the official event page.
- 4m x 1m sponsor banner used for photo opportunities throughout the programme.
- Announcement and exposure of your organisation’s support to Sustainable Coastlines’ social media networks (combined audience of 15,000).
- Promotional posters and flyers.
- Further leveraging opportunities to be discussed.
Sponsorship is available at two levels:
Includes all of the above.
Includes all of the above and in addition:
- A two-hour workshop at your office (or other location of your choosing) in either Presentation Delivery or Event Management, delivered by our experienced staff.
- Prominent logo positioning on all event collateral.
- Acknowledgement of your support to our mailing list (5,200 subscribers).
- Mention of your support on event media releases (we have a very large profile in the media – see examples here)
- Mention of your support during media interviews, wherever possible.
Please email Camden on email@example.com or call 021 212 7287.