As part of our wider Love Your Coast Manukau Harbour project and in celebration of nationwide Seaweek, we would love you to join us on Saturday 5 March 2016 to give back to the beautiful Manukau Harbour. With 386 kilometres of coastline, attempting to clean up the Manukau Harbour — Aotearoa/New Zealand’s second largest – is a massive task. Join our public clean-up day at our Clean-up Stations around the harbour. Register through the link below to help us to plan for numbers and Health & Safety considerations.
From 11.00am – 3.00pm on Saturday 5 March, we’re asking volunteers to meet our team at any of our Clean-up Event Stations around the Manukau Harbour to register, receive important Health & Safety information, and pick-up rubbish sacks and gloves. Meeting points are:
- Cornwallis (Pine Ave carpark)
- Waikowhai Park (End of Waikowhai Road)
Onehunga (Taumana Reserve, Orpheus Drive)
Mangere Bridge (Mangere Boating Club, Kiwi Esplanade)
Weymouth (Weymouth Rugby Club, Gibbons Road)
Clark’s Beach (Torkar Road beach access)
What to bring
- Sturdy shoes: this area has some challenging coastal terrain. You’ll need closed-toe, sturdy shoes (such as sneakers, sports shoes or tramping boots).
- Warm and waterproof clothes: NZ weather is unpredictable. Bring at least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sun cream.
- Reusable water bottle (filled-up and ready to go).
- Packed lunch and snacks.
- Camera (optional) – this is a unique and beautiful location and we’d love to see your photos. Use #loveyourcoast on social media or email to email@example.com
Please contact Fletcher on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 871 918.
We’re looking for caring corporates to get behind the project. Check out our event sponsorship opportunities below to see how your organisation can help out. We need to raise funds to cover essential logistical, Health and Safety, transport and training costs, and sponsorship is crucial to ensure this project’s success.
We offer sponsors:
- A tailored team building beach clean-up with your staff, planned and led by Sustainable Coastlines. This includes our multimedia educational presentation to motivate your staff to get involved. We bring all equipment, however additional hard costs may apply for food and transport (depending on numbers, location and preferences).
- License to Sustainable Coastlines logos for use on web, marketing and other promotional materials during the course of the event.
- Logo on project report with a breakdown of all rubbish collected (great for CSR / sustainability reporting / marketing).
- Access and permission to use all event results, footage and photos (for any photos featuring school students approval must be sought from Sustainable Coastlines before use).
- Exposure through logo positioning on:
- This page: the official event page.
- 4m x 1m sponsor banner used for photo opportunities throughout the programme.
- Announcement and exposure of your organisation’s support to Sustainable Coastlines’ social media networks (combined audience of 15,000).
- Promotional posters and flyers.
- Further leveraging opportunities to be discussed.
Sponsorship is available at two levels:
Includes all of the above.
Includes all of the above and in addition:
- A two-hour workshop at your office (or other location of your choosing) in either Presentation Delivery or Event Management, delivered by our experienced staff.
- Prominent logo positioning on all event collateral.
- Acknowledgement of your support to our mailing list (5,200 subscribers).
- Mention of your support on event media releases (we have a very large profile in the media – see examples here)
- Mention of your support during media interviews, wherever possible.
Please email Camden on email@example.com or call 09 948 8454.