What a great day! With wind and rain forecast in the morning, the day turned out beautifully. Together we got over 800 native plants and trees in the ground on Raglan’s harbourside Kaitoke Peninsula. We had help from over 40 students from Raglan Area School, and the tenacious staff from Meridian Energy who helped the students as well as cooked up a storm!
The plants were all grown on site, under the supervision of Angela Prain and we extend huge thanks to all the teachers, students, volunteers and workers involved in the ongoing restoration of this area.
As part of the ongoing nature of this project, the Raglan Area School students ‘Tangata Tiaki’ committee was formed and after hearing their ideas of how to develop this area, we are confident that it is in good hands for many years to come – there are innovative and exciting projects in the works. This is a community that truly loves it’s water and shows what commitment, collaboration and a bit of good old-fashioned hard work can do!
As part of our 2015 Love your Water campaign we invite you to join us for a day of tree planting at the Raglan Peninsular on Friday 11 September 2015. This will continue the planting and weeding for the long term restoration project of Raglan Area School’s peninsular in collaboration with Meridian Energy.
- See results from our Love Your Water project in 2014 here
- Any questions? Email Oliver Vetter on email@example.com or call 021 0259 8301
- Like what we do? See our sponsorship information below
We’re looking for caring corporates to get behind the project. We need to raise funds to cover essential logistical, health & safety and administrative costs to ensure this project’s success in each region. Sponsorship is, therefore, vital. Check out the opportunities below to see how we can work together.
We offer sponsors:
- A team building tree planting activity with your staff, led by Sustainable Coastlines, including our multimedia educational presentation to motivate your staff to get involved. We provide equipment, however hard costs may apply for trees and transport.
- License to Sustainable Coastlines logos for use on web, marketing and other promotional materials during the course of the event.
- Love Your Water project report with metrics achieved through planting and educational work (great for CSR / sustainability reporting and marketing).
- Access and permission to use all event images, footage and results.
- Exposure through logo positioning on:
- The official regional event page(s) on Sustainable Coastlines website.
- Regional promotional collateral such as event posters.
- Announcement and exposure of your organisation’s support to Sustainable Coastlines’ social media networks (combined audience of 12,500).
- Opportunity to provide marketing material, run competitions and/or provide giveaways during the event. (Materials used in giveaways must be mutually agreed – with responsible packaging etc).
- Further leveraging opportunities to be discussed.
Sponsorship is available at two levels:
$500: Regional Sponsor
Includes all of the above.
$3,000: Nationwide Sponsor
Includes all of the above and in addition:
- Logo on 4×1-metre event banner for photo opportunities (used across all regions).
- Announcement of your support to our mailing list (5,000 subscribers).
- Mention on event media releases (we have a very large profile in the media – see examples here)
- Mention of your brand during media interviews wherever possible.
Oliver Vetter on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 0259 8301