Join us for this clean-up and 4WD mission on the wild west coast of Muriwai Beach. Meet at the carpark outside the Surf Life Saving Tower at the south end of Muriwai Beach from 10.30am to 12.30pm, Saturday 8 February 2014, to sign-in and collect clean-up equipment. From there we’ll split into teams and head out along the coast on foot and by 4WD vehicle.
Bring your own 4WD vehicle to allow us to clean-up the largest area possible and for a great opportunity to explore this epic west coast beach. The first 20 people to bring their 4WD will receive a free ticket (for one adult + 3 children under 13) to Music at Matua* from our buddies at Loop Recordings.
This wild stretch of coast, although well looked after by locals, is affected by a regular flow of waste from beach-goers, fishing activity and the Tasman Sea, so let’s get together to clean it up.
In the afternoon following the clean-up our team, will be spreading the good word at Music at Matua in Waimauku, West Auckland. Join us there for a fantastic summer festival, great music and to learn more about Sustainable Coastlines’ work.
Participants need to bring:
- Sturdy shoes: this area has some challenging coastal terrain. You’ll need closed-toe, sturdy shoes (such as sneakers, sports shoes or tramping boots).
- Warm and waterproof clothes: NZ weather is unpredictable. Bring at least one warm top (ideally old woolen) and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sun cream.
- Reusable water bottle (filled-up and ready to go).
- Camera (optional) – this is a unique and beautiful location and we would love to see your photos after the event.
- Your own 4WD (optional) – this is a great opportunity to explore this area.
Any questions, contact Jo Taylor, Event Manager at email@example.com
*Free ticket to Music at Matua will be issued upon return from clean-up activities.