As part of our 2017 Love Your Water project we invite you to join us on Saturday 5 August for a day of tree planting and weeding alongside Elgin Terrace in Half Moon Bay, Stewart Island. The Stewart Island / Rakiura Community Environment Trust do amazing work on the island, and are lovingly overlooking its restoration, so we want to help them give some love to this special area.
Huge thanks to Real Journeys for giving the Sustainable Coastline’s employees free passage to the Island to run our programme!
We’ll meet from 11.00am – look out for the blue Sustainable Coastlines along Elgin Terrace. We’ll be starting from 11.15am and finishing up around 1:30pm. You can stay for as little or as long as you like, but afterwards we’ll all come together for a some tasty food and some Phoenix Organics Drinks. To participate, please take a few seconds to sign up via our quick registration form.
If you’re coming from the mainland, catch the 9:45am ferry to Oban – the planting is within walking distance from the ferry terminal – just head around the coast to the south and you’ll find us. We’ll be all done in time for the 3pm ferry – so why not make a day or weekend of it out on Stewart Island?! More ferry information can be found here.
- Trees and planting site
- A planting tutorial
- Drinks: Water and juice plus tea and coffee for adults
- Health & safety documents
- First aid kits and first aid trained staff
What to bring:
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes that you don’t mind getting a bit muddy. This is critical for Health & Safety considerations: those not wearing closed-toe shoes will not be able to participate.
- Warm and waterproof clothes. At least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sunscreen
- Reusable water bottle (filled up and ready to go)
- Your old or unused mobile phone to recycle. As charity partner of the RE:MOBILE phone recycling scheme, donating your old mobile helps us raise critical funds for freshwater restoration.
- Bring a camera (optional). We would love to see your event photos! Use the tag #loveyourwater on social media or email photos to oliver@sustainablecoastlines.
If the form below doesn’t appear, please register here