For the Auckland portion of our 2016 Love your Water programme we invite you to join us for a family day of tree planting and fun at the Orangihina Park & Reserve, as part of the Matariki Celebrations in Auckland. We’re collaborating with the Te Atatu Marae Coalition, Auckland Council and local community groups and NGOs for a fantastic day, including planting, music, food stalls and Kapa Haka throughout the day.
Simply meet on Saturday 18 June on Te Atatu Road near the reserve for the following schedule – look for our blue Sustainable Coastlines flags. Parking is available at the Gloria Avenue roundabout entrance to the reserve.
- Dawn Ceremony at 5:30am
- Official Welcoming at 8:30am
There will be a Paa Harakeke Planting after the official welcoming ceremony, and you can stay for as little or as long as you like. To volunteer please register through the quick form below.
This is an Alcohol, Drug and Smoke Free Event
What to bring
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes that you don’t mind getting a bit muddy. This is critical for Health & Safety considerations: those not wearing closed-toe shoes will not be able to participate.
- Warm and waterproof clothes. At least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sunscreen
- Reusable water bottle (filled up and ready to go)
- Camera (optional). We would love to see your event photos! Use the tag #loveyourwater on social media or email photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Oliver Vetter on email@example.com or call on 021 025 98301.
Sponsorship: We are always looking for caring corporates to get behind our projects and in return we offer our supporters a range of unique, high-value brand alignment, media exposure and hands-on opportunities. Click here to find out more about our sponsorship options.
If the form does not appear in the space below, please click here.