A huge thank you
The tree planting at the Travis Wetland, or rather the Anzac Parade Drive, was a huge success. Thank you to everyone involved for a great day, with 1,000 trees in the ground. A huge thanks to Alan, John and Evan for showing us the ropes from DOC, the Travis Wetland and the Avon / Otakaro Group. Thank you to Teoti for our Karakia and giving us a moment to breathe and giving us perspective.
We had over 274 volunteers today, including four local schools – Shirley Boys, Avonside Girls, Costwold Primary and Waitakiri School. Our sponsors were also on the ground, with volunteers from HSBC, Singapore Airlines and Westpac mucking in. Thanks also to Phoenix Drinks and the Love Project who provided the delicious scones — from Switch Cafe — and kept us fuelled with great organic drinks, and who organised artist Martin Hill to create the beautiful Water Guardian sculpture on site.
UPDATE: Due to a fantastic support from our community, we now have as many volunteers as we need for the Travis Wetland Tree Planting on Friday 31 July and have closed registration.
But don’t despair, there are plenty of plantings happening around Christchurch that you can get involved in. Check out these upcoming plantings with Trees for Canterbury
- Sunday 2nd August – Orton Bradley Park
- Saturday 15th August – Southshore Reserve
- Sunday 30th August – Otukaikino River
- Saturday 19th September – Travis Wetland Reserve
- Saturday 26th September – Halswell Quarry
For the Christchurch portion of this year’s Love your Water campaign we invite you to join us for a fun day of tree planting at Travis Wetland on Friday 31 July 2015. The Travis Wetland has some great people lovingly overlooking its restoration, including the Avon / Otakaro community group and the Department of Conservation, who have helped us enormously in planning this big day of planting and a BBQ for lunch.
Simply meet from 10.00am at the Corserland Street Anzac Drive Reserve. Look for our blue Sustainable Coastlines flags. We’ll be starting from 10.00am, with local scones and muffins from around 12 noon, and up around 4.00pm; or whenever we get the trees in the ground! You can stay for as little or as long as you like.
Volunteers, corporate groups and schools are all welcome to come along and get your hands dirty and plant new native trees to help the regeneration of the Travis Wetland. To volunteer simply sign-up through the quick form below.
- See 2014 Love your Water results here
- Any questions? Email Oliver Vetter on email@example.com or call 021 0259 8301
- Like what we do? See our sponsorship information below
If the form does not appear in the space below, please click here.
We’re looking for caring corporates to get behind the project. We need to raise funds to cover essential logistical, health & safety and administrative costs to ensure this project’s success in each region. Sponsorship is, therefore, vital. Check out the opportunities below to see how we can work together.
We offer sponsors:
- A team building tree planting activity with your staff, led by Sustainable Coastlines, including our multimedia educational presentation to motivate your staff to get involved. We provide equipment, however hard costs may apply for trees and transport.
- License to Sustainable Coastlines logos for use on web, marketing and other promotional materials during the course of the event.
- Love Your Water project report with metrics achieved through planting and educational work (great for CSR / sustainability reporting and marketing).
- Access and permission to use all event images, footage and results.
- Exposure through logo positioning on:
- The official regional event page(s) on Sustainable Coastlines website.
- Regional promotional collateral such as event posters.
- Announcement and exposure of your organisation’s support to Sustainable Coastlines’ social media networks (combined audience of 12,500).
- Opportunity to provide marketing material, run competitions and/or provide giveaways during the event. (Materials used in giveaways must be mutually agreed – with responsible packaging etc).
- Further leveraging opportunities to be discussed.
Sponsorship is available at two levels:
$500: Regional Sponsor
Includes all of the above.
$3,000: Nationwide Sponsor
Includes all of the above and in addition:
- Logo on 4×1-metre event banner for photo opportunities (used across all regions).
- Announcement of your support to our mailing list (5,000 subscribers).
- Mention on event media releases (we have a very large profile in the media – see examples here)
- Mention of your brand during media interviews wherever possible.
Oliver Vetter on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 0259 8301