As part of our 2017 Love your Water campaign in Christchurch we invite you to join us on Saturday 28 July 2017 for a day of tree planting alongside the Waimakariri River in collaboration with Environment Canterbury who lovingly take care of this special urban stream.
The key aim of our Love Your Water programme is to motivate and enable people to look after the place they love: To improve the quality of our rivers through education, training and hands-on events. We’ll be clearing weeds, mulching and planting native trees to create habitat and shade for native animals, assist in bank stabilisation and soak up nutrient run-off from the land.
Simply meet at the the Waimakariri River Regional Park – See map above for exact location and look out for the Sustainable Coastlines flags.
We’ll be starting from 10.00am and finishing up around 2:00pm. You can stay for as little or as long as you like but we’ll have tea, coffee and juices as well as a BBQ lunch for all participants. To volunteer simply sign-up via our quick registration form.
- Trees and planting site
- A planting tutorial
- Drinks: Water and juice plus tea and coffee for adults
- Access to toilets
- Health & safety documents
- First aid kits and first aid trained staff
What to bring:
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes that you don’t mind getting a bit muddy. This is critical for Health & Safety considerations: those not wearing closed-toe shoes will not be able to participate.
- Warm and waterproof clothes. At least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sunscreen
- Reusable water bottle (filled up and ready to go)
- Your old or unused mobile phone to recycle. As charity partner of the RE:MOBILE phone recycling scheme, donating your old mobile helps us raise critical funds for freshwater restoration.
- Bring a camera (optional). We would love to see your event photos! Use the tag #loveyourwater on social media or email photos to oliver@sustainablecoastlines.
If the form below doesn’t appear, please register here
Any questions? Email Oliver Vetter on email@example.com or call 021 025 98301