As part of our 2016 Love your Water campaign we invite you to join us on Friday 2 September 2016 for a day of tree planting alongside Auckland’s Motu Manawa-Pollen Island Marine Reserve, which protects 500 hectares of the inner reaches of Auckland’s Waitemata Harbour. Join us to plant trees in an important ecological location to support the amazing efforts of the Whau River Catchment Trust, who have been looking after this area for many years.
The key aims of the project are to improve water quality and create habitat for the kōtātā (fern bird) an endemic native species. Simply meet at the end of the Ambler Ltd entrance, off 481 Rosebank Rd. See map above for exact location. There is parking available at the end of this entrance alongside the planting site.
We’ll be starting from 10.00am and finishing up around 2:00pm. You can stay for as little or as long as you like. Delicious scones, Eighthirty Coffee and Phoenix Organics drinks are available as a reward for all participants. To volunteer simply sign-up through the quick form below.
- Trees and planting site
- A planting tutorial
- Drinks: Water and juice plus tea and coffee for adults
- Access to toilets
- Health & safety documents
- First aid kits and first aid trained staff
What to bring:
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes that you don’t mind getting a bit muddy. This is critical for Health & Safety considerations: those not wearing closed-toe shoes will not be able to participate.
- Warm and waterproof clothes. At least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sunscreen
- Reusable water bottle (filled up and ready to go)
- Your old or unused mobile phone to recycle. As charity partner of the RE:MOBILE phone recycling scheme, donating your old mobile helps us raise critical funds for freshwater restoration.
- Bring a camera (optional). We would love to see your event photos! Use the tag #loveyourwater on social media or email photos to fletcher@sustainablecoastlines.
Any questions? Email Sam Judd on email@example.com or call 021 058 9349.
If the form does not appear in the space below, please click here.