What a day! Auckland’s Wynyard Quarter is just a bit cleaner after our team of volunteers marched down North Wharf for Silo Park’s 6th birthday. A huge thanks to those who helped out in this clean up.
1,678 pices of coastal litter in total, equating to 200 litres, or 40kgs.
Special mention needs to go to our international volunteers Sam and Conor for doing an amazing job of organising the whole thing. Thanks guys!
Just click the link to the right for a full item count.
Auckland’s Wynyard Quarter, home to our beautiful new Education Centre, is turning 6 years old! To celebrate, we’re hosting a 6th Birthday Coastal Clean-up along the shores of the Waitemata Harbour and we invite you to join us from 10am on Saturday 5 August at The Flagship Education Centre. We’ll start off with our Love Your Coast litter awareness presentation, followed by a clean-up around Wynyard Quarter and a rubbish audit back at The Flagship.
This event takes places on the heels of Plastic Free July, and is being led by two of Sustainable Coastlines’ volunteers: Connor and Sam from the United States. We are aiming to not only educate our event attendees on the dangers of plastic pollution in New Zealand, but to show what can be done to positively impact the problem as well. We’ll be finishing up around 2.30pm.
- Rubbish sacks
- Drinking water
- Access to toilets
- Health and Safety briefing and documents
- First aid kits and first aid trained staff
What to bring
- Closed-toe sturdy shoes, such as sneakers, sports shoes or tramping boots are required for participation. Gumboots are not allowed. Coastal terrain can be challenging with rocks that can be sharp, loose and slippery.
- Warm and waterproof clothes: NZ weather is unpredictable. Bring at least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sun cream.
- Reusable water bottle (filled-up and ready to go).
- Camera (optional) – this is a unique and beautiful location and we’d love to see your photos. Use #loveyourcoast on social media or email to email@example.com
- Your old mobile phone to recycle through the RE:Mobile phone recycling scheme.
For More Information
Please contact Fletcher on 021 871 918.
Please register through the link below to help us plan for numbers and Health & Safety considerations