Due to a decidedly shocking weather forecast for Saturday 3 March, we’ve made the call to postpone our Great Coromandel Coastal Clean-up by one week, to Saturday 10 March. Aside from the date change, all event plans remain the same.
A major part of our operations for the weekend, particularly around Coromandel Town, are based on boats and with heavy rain and winds forecast to hit 40 knots, it is simply not going to happen.
If you have registered to volunteer but can no longer take part due to the date change, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know (it helps us with planning). If you have already booked your camp spot at Tucks Bay don’t worry, your booking is transferable to next weekend. If you can’t make it next weekend and would like a refund, email email@example.com
With some fantastic weather (hopefully) on its way, we’re looking forward to an even bigger and better Great Coromandel Coastal Clean-up on Saturday 10 March.
We will be in touch with all registered volunteers early next week to provide final event details including what to bring, where to be and what’s planned. If you haven’t yet signed-up to volunteer, click here to register now so that you can stay in the loop with further event announcements.
Check out our event page for more information.