Multi award-winning charity Sustainable Coastlines seeks applicants for a part-time design and communications internship, in particular someone with strong graphic design, web content management and copy-writing skills. The role would require a commitment to work at least 10 hours per week, reporting to the General Manager / Communications Director.
The work can be completed offsite or onsite at the charity HQ in Upper Queen Street, Eden Terrace, Auckland, however a one-hour weekly workflow meeting in person or via Skype is required. The intern will be fully supported by the charity’s experienced staff; however will still be given creative flexibility and ownership of certain projects.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to gain tangible communications and design experience working for a popular and growing non-profit organisation. We are a small but growing team, providing great opportunities for interns to gain insight into the workings of a charity and exposure to many areas of our marketing and communications activities.
The internship is for a flexible term, but commitment to at least three months is preferable. While we currently do not have budget available for this role, employment opportunities in this position are possible in future.
- Design event promotional collateral, resize for various web and print implementations.
- Draft event promotional copy.
- Manage and update online event listings.
- Draft and edit online news, email communications and social media copy.
- Create concepts through to final solutions for a range of new design projects, including office signage, merchandise, online advertising and educational infographics.
- Design and layout project reports.
- Maintain Mailchimp email database.
- Write and design new email communications.
- Basic photo editing, resizing and file management.
- Manage website content.
- Prepare files for print.
Requirements and Competencies:
- Proficiency in the following Adobe Creative Suite products; Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Own computer with the above software.
- Passion for good design.
- Eye for detail and able to follow a brief.
- Excellent English (fluent).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Organised and able to manage multiple projects at any one time.
- Commitment to the mission and values of Sustainable Coastlines.
If this sounds like you, please email Camden Howitt on firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 19 September, 2014, with your CV and summary of your best work either in PDF format or a link to an online portfolio.
About Sustainable Coastlines
Sustainable Coastlines is a young, multi-award winning New Zealand charity run by a small team of hard-working staff and a network of passionate volunteers and interns. We love our coasts and we work with our sleeves rolled up to keep them beautiful. We coordinate and support large-scale coastal clean-up events, educational programs, public awareness campaigns and riparian planting projects. We also help groups run their own events. Through these efforts we motivate volunteers and communities around Aotearoa and the Pacific to look after the coastlines and waterways we all love. Find out more here.