Chief Operating Officer
Auckland • Full time
Sustainable Coastlines is a New Zealand charity that exists to bring people together to reduce plastic pollution and other litter to protect the moana we all love.
Our goal is to see 60% less litter on the coastlines of Aotearoa by 2030. We intend to achieve it through empowering communities to take action for their local beach through coastal clean-up events, educational programmes, public awareness campaigns, and litter data collection.
We make this litter data available for anyone to use, and work with businesses, councils, and government to inspire change in behaviour, policy, and practices.
About the role:
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Chief Operating Officer to lead our team of motivated support specialists. You’ll play an essential and critical part by providing robust systems, tracking and measurement for the health of our charity and supporting critical delivery functions across the team.
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be responsible for:
- Financial management and reporting
- Technical development and maintenance
- Health & Safety policy development and support
- People development tools and training
- Diversity and inclusion processes, tools and support
- Learning and development tools, resources and support
- Organisational project and strategic priorities management
In return work for an organisation that engages meaningfully and authentically with everyone in the team while motivating their people with passion, fun, positivity and a sense of achievement.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone who demonstrates great commitment, initiative, and entrepreneurial spirit. It’s important that you’re super organised, operate with honesty and integrity and can challenge the status quo.
Specifically, you’ll have:
- Strong financial literacy
- Relevant experience in an operational discipline
- Relevant people management and recruitment experience
- Project management experience in a software or field-based organisation an advantage
Apply here through SEEK with your cover letter and CV. Applications close 23 March 2023.