After the New Zealand Festival’s Kupe Landing family day, held on Saturday 24 February on Petone Foreshore, we are getting together to give some love back to this beautiful beach. Join Sustainable Coastlines, the Petone Beach Clean-up Crew and the Festival team to clean up the Petone Foreshore on Sunday 25 February, 10am–midday.
Register your interest below and be in with the chance to win a Double Pass to a Festival show of your choice*.
- Meet at the Sustainable Coastlines ‘Education Station’ container at the Hikoikoi Reserve, Petone Beach.
- 9.30am sign-in and collect equipment
- 10.00am start! From there we will split into teams and head out along the coastline.
We will provide (for registered participants only):
- Reusable Gloves
- Reusable Bags
- Refreshments – Water, Juice plus a free Tea and Coffee
- A Fun, Healthy and Safe Environment
Participants need to bring:
- Sturdy shoes – this area has some challenging coastal terrain with rocks that can be sharp, loose and slippery. You’ll need closed-toe, sturdy shoes (such as sneakers, sports shoes or tramping boots).
- Warm and waterproof clothes – New Zealand weather is unpredictable, especially out here. Bring at least one warm top (ideally woollen) and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sun cream.
- Reusable water bottle (filled-up and ready to go).
- Camera (optional) – this is a unique and beautiful location and we would love to see your photos after the event.
Any questions, please contact Programmes Manager – Oliver Vetter at email@example.com
Kupe Landing is part of a week-long celebration of our place in the Pacific, including the spectacular Kupe: Festival Opening Night and the Kupe Dreaming series of community events and activities. For more information visit, festival.co.nz/waka
*Subject to terms and conditions.
Please register now to confirm your attendance, it is mandatory for all attendees and only takes 30 seconds! If you cannot see the registration form below, please register here.