As part of our 2017 Love your Water campaign in Wellington we invite you to join us on Wednesday 28 June 2017 for a day of tree planting in Owhiro Bay in collaboration with the great team at the Wellington City Council. The Owhiro stream has been a focus of quite a bit of interest this year, so we’re going to give the bay some love with a planting along the ocean side.
Simply meet on the ocean side of the road near the boat ramp at Owhiro Bay and look for the blue Sustainable Coastlines flags – We’ll be starting from 10.00am and finishing up around 1:00pm. You can stay for as little or as long as you like but we’ll have Tea, Coffee and juices as well as a light lunch for all participants. To volunteer simply sign-up via our quick registration form.
- Trees and planting site
- A planting tutorial
- Drinks: Water and juice plus tea and coffee for adults
- Access to toilets
- Health & safety documents
- First aid kits and first aid trained staff
What to bring:
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes that you don’t mind getting a bit muddy. This is critical for Health & Safety considerations: those not wearing closed-toe shoes will not be able to participate.
- Warm and waterproof clothes. At least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sunscreen
- Reusable water bottle (filled up and ready to go)
- Your old or unused mobile phone to recycle. As charity partner of the RE:MOBILE phone recycling scheme, donating your old mobile helps us raise critical funds for freshwater restoration.
- Bring a camera (optional). We would love to see your event photos! Use the tag #loveyourwater on social media or email photos to oliver@sustainablecoastlines.
If the form below doesn’t appear, please register here