As the culmination of the Puketāpapa Healthy Harbours and Sustainable Living programme, run conjointly between Urban EcoLiving Charitable Trust (Tread Lightly Caravan), Sustainable Coastlines, NZAEE Seaweek, Manukau Harbour Restoration Society and Puketāpapa Local Board, we invite you to a public clean-up day on the shores of the Manukau Harbour.
Join us from 10:00am to midday on Sunday 26th November at the bottom of Waikowhai Park for some Love Your Coast action and make yourself proud to be a part of the local community. Bring your family, bring your friends, bring the goodness.
Simply turn up, sign-in and we’ll send you out to take ownership of a stretch of coast. Return to base with your haul of treasure and tuck into the BBQ! Members of the other trusts involved in the program will also be there to inform you about all the good work they’ve been doing as well.
What to bring
- Closed-toe sturdy shoes, such as sneakers, sports shoes or tramping boots are required for participation. Gumboots are not allowed as they get stuck in the mud. Coastal terrain can be challenging with rocks that can be sharp, loose and slippery.
- Warm and waterproof clothes: NZ weather is unpredictable. Bring at least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sun cream.
- Reusable water bottle (filled-up and ready to go).
- Camera (optional) – this is a unique and beautiful location and we’d love to see your photos. Use #loveyourcoast on social media or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rubbish sacks
- Drinking water
- Access to toilets
- Health and Safety briefing and documents
- First aid kits and first aid trained staff
For More Information
Please contact Fletcher on 021 871 918 or email@example.com