A massive thank you to the 270 guests that supported us by attending Saturday night’s charity ball. We had a fantastic time and hope you all did too. All funds raised during the evening support our ongoing work on coastal clean-up, riparian planting and educational projects, all aimed at sustaining and protecting our coastlines.
A special thank you to:
- Event sponsors, those who provided auction items, and those who bid for them!
- Josh Williams, our auctioneer from Webb’s.
- Everyone who supported our riparian planting projects by sponsoring a tree.
- Our brilliant entertainers Michael Houstoun, Barnaby Weir, Nairobi Trio, Motor City Family Funk and MC Clarke Gayford.
- Volunteer Event Managers Simon van Praag, Caroline Larnach and Mitzi Borren
- Tim Lambourne and Joe Dowling from The Shutter Pirates for their photographic prowess
- The dedicated Hilton staff for providing the fantastic venue.
Without you all, this event would not have been possible.
Let’s Get Cleaned Up
It gives us great pleasure to announce our second annual ‘Let’s get cleaned up’: Sustainable Coastlines 2011 Charity Ball. The evening is set to kick off at 7pm on Saturday 23rd of July in a fantastic harbourside location: the Hilton Auckland Hotel and this is your invitation to join us for world-class entertainment and mouth-watering food and drinks.
Our lucky guests will be treated to a sumptuous three-course sit down meal, all drinks and entertainment from some of New Zealand’s top musicians. The evening will feature performances from:
- World-renowned concert pianist Michael Houstoun
- A solo set from Barnaby Weir the incredibly talented lead singer of Black Seeds and Fly My Pretties fame.
- Aotearoa’s top jazz ensemble Nairobi Trio
- The outstanding Motor City Family Funk
This exceptional package will also leave you feeling rightfully chuffed about your support of our cause: looking after the coastlines we all love. Tickets include three-course meal, all beverages, and access to the official after party hosted at Montecristo Room. All ticket sales along with a charity auction during the evening will help raise funds for our ongoing work on projects to sustain and protect our coastlines.
For an idea of what to expect, check out last year’s ball here.