Join us from 9am to 1pm on Saturday 25 March 2017 for a fantastic day of clean-up and art with the National Aquarium and PangeaSeed Foundation in Napier.
We’re collaborating for week leading up to the clean-up with the amazing PangeaSeed Sea Walls Artists for Oceans festival and artist Erika Pearce, raising awareness of ocean issues through art! As a final thank you to the ocean, we’re joining forces with the National Aquarium to show our love for the beach and the ocean with a big clean-up of the area we’ll been working in all week. Come down and take in the murals that have been painted throughout the week, while picking up the single-use plastics and litter that can negatively affect our marine environment. Enjoy amazing original artworks, pick up some rubbish and show your love for the ocean.
Meet at the Sustainable Coastlines Education Station – a 20ft shipping container fitted out as an education classroom – On the corner of Emerson and Hastings Street, at 9am for a 9.30am start. From there we will head out to view the amazing artwork and pick up rubbish as we go. Share your photos, tagging us @sustainablecoastlines, @pangeaseed and @seawalls_ on Facebook or Instagram!
Important note: All participants need to register through the form below.
What the day involves:
- 9:00am Registration opens at the Sustainable Coastlines Education Station. Pick up your gloves and reusable rubbish sacks.
- 9:15am Brief Love Your Coast presentation
- 9:30am Clean-up volunteers head out to clean up!
- 12:00pm Return to the registration tent with your rubbish
- 12:15pm A photo and thank you
- 12:30pm Event close
What you need to bring:
- Closed-toe sturdy shoes, such as sneakers, sports shoes or tramping boots are required for participation. Gumboots are not allowed. Coastal terrain can be challenging with rocks that can be sharp, loose and slippery.
- Warm and waterproof clothes: NZ weather is unpredictable. Check the weather and bring at least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sun cream.
- Reusable water bottle (filled-up and ready to go).
- Packed lunch and snacks.
- Camera (optional) – this is a unique and beautiful location and we’d love to see your photos. Use #loveyourcoast on social media or email to email@example.com
- Your old mobile phone to recycle through the RE:Mobile phone recycling scheme.
Any questions contact Oliver Vetter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register now to confirm your attendance, it is mandatory for all attendees and only takes 30 seconds! If you cannot see the registration form below, please register here.