What does the event involve?
- 11:30 Registrations open – meet at the Kapiti Boating Club – look out for our blue Sustainable Coastlines flags
- 12:00 Sustainable Coastlines Staff will give our Love Your Coast presentation followed by a quick health and safety brief
- 12:30 Head out and clean up our beaches!
- 13:30 Return to Kapiti Boating Club and enjoy a complimentary sausage sizzle
- 14:00 Event officially ends but feel free to stick around and enjoy this beautiful piece of coast
What do you need to bring?
- Closed-toe sturdy shoes, such as sneakers, sports shoes or tramping boots are required for participation. Gumboots are not allowed. Coastal terrain can be challenging with rocks that can be sharp, loose and slippery.
- Warm and waterproof clothes: NZ weather is unpredictable. Bring at least one warm top layer and a rain jacket.
- Sun hat and sun cream.
- Snacks, as desired
- Reusable water bottle (filled-up and ready to go).
- Camera (optional) – this is a unique and beautiful location and we’d love to see your photos. Use #loveyourcoast on social media or email to email@example.com
- Your old mobile phone to recycle through the RE:Mobile phone recycling scheme.