Thank you for those of you who made time to come along to our tree planting last friday at Owhiro Stream, the second event in the Sustainable Coastlines Love your Water calendar for 2015.
It was fantastic to see so many people passionate about looking after the places they love. I hope that you enjoyed the day and that you felt a sense of accomplishment that not only will the water in Owhiro Stream will be a little cleaner, but that the local kids know a bit more about the beautiful nature around them, thanks to your efforts. Please forward this message on to anyone involved.
We had over 160 volunteers, including students, parents and staff plant 1000 trees, over more than 400 m2 of riparian area along Owhiro Stream.
Once again thank you for coming along, thanks our sponsors: Benefitz and Singapore Airlines, HSBC, Keen Footwear, Westpac, Eye Specialists, Phoenix Organics and Pandoro Bakery for making our Love Your Water programme possible.
A special thanks to Anita Benbrook, Brian Thomas and Myfanwy Emeny from Wellington City Council for supplying the trees, the site and the expertise to facilitate such a great day.
UPDATE: Due to a fantastic support from our community, we now have as many volunteers as we need for the Owhiro Stream Tree Planting on Friday 26 June and have closed registration.
But don’t despair, there are plenty of plantings happening around Wellington that you can get involved in. See details below for a couple of the next opportunities:
- Friends of Owhiro Stream plant every SECOND SATURDAY of the month. Next one is Saturday 11 July
- The Trelissick Park Group has plantings every FIRST SUNDAY of the month. Next one is Sunday 5 July
For the Wellington portion of the 2015 Love your Water campaign we invite you to join us for a fun day of tree planting and mulching at Owhiro Stream on Friday 26 June 2015. The Owhiro Stream has some great people lovingly overlooking its restoration, including the Friends of Owhiro Stream community group and the Wellington City Council, who have helped us enormously in organising this day.
Simply meet from 10.00am at the Happy Valley Park, just south of Murchison Street exit, on Happy Valley Road. Look for our blue Sustainable Coastlines flags. We’ll be starting from 10.00am and finishing up around 4.00pm; or whenever we get the trees in the ground! You can stay for as little or as long as you like, but around midday we’ll all come together for some delicious scones and juice, courtesy of Pandoro Allan Street Cafe & Phoenix Organics, and step back to admire our efforts.
Volunteers, corporate groups and schools are all welcome to come along and get your hands dirty, give some love to previous plantings, and plant new native trees to help the regeneration of Owhiro Stream. To volunteer simply sign-up through the quick form below.
- See results from our Love Your Water project in 2014 here
- Any questions? Email Oliver Vetter on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 0259 8301
- Like what we do? See our sponsorship information below
If the form does not appear in the space below, please click here.
We’re looking for caring corporates to get behind the project. We need to raise funds to cover essential logistical, health & safety and administrative costs to ensure this project’s success in each region. Sponsorship is, therefore, vital. Check out the opportunities below to see how we can work together.
We offer sponsors:
- A team building tree planting activity with your staff, led by Sustainable Coastlines, including our multimedia educational presentation to motivate your staff to get involved. We provide equipment, however hard costs may apply for trees and transport.
- License to Sustainable Coastlines logos for use on web, marketing and other promotional materials during the course of the event.
- Love Your Water project report with metrics achieved through planting and educational work (great for CSR / sustainability reporting and marketing).
- Access and permission to use all event images, footage and results.
- Exposure through logo positioning on:
- The official regional event page(s) on Sustainable Coastlines website.
- Regional promotional collateral such as event posters.
- Announcement and exposure of your organisation’s support to Sustainable Coastlines’ social media networks (combined audience of 12,500).
- Opportunity to provide marketing material, run competitions and/or provide giveaways during the event. (Materials used in giveaways must be mutually agreed – with responsible packaging etc).
- Further leveraging opportunities to be discussed.
Sponsorship is available at two levels:
$500: Regional Sponsor
Includes all of the above.
$3,000: Nationwide Sponsor
Includes all of the above and in addition:
- Logo on 4×1-metre event banner for photo opportunities (used across all regions).
- Announcement of your support to our mailing list (5,000 subscribers).
- Mention on event media releases (we have a very large profile in the media – see examples here)
- Mention of your brand during media interviews wherever possible.
Oliver Vetter on email@example.com or call 021 0259 8301